First here is the official information - http://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-fasting/
And some of Dave Asprey's information --
14 Steps To Eating The Bulletproof Diet
1. Eliminate sugar (including fruit juices and sports drinks that contain HFCS, honey, and agave) .
2. Replace the sugar calories with healthy fats from the Bulletproof Diet such as grass-fed butter, ghee, and MCT or coconut oil.
3. Eliminate gluten in any shape or form. This includes bread, cereal, and pasta. Do not make the mistake of resorting to gluten free junk food, which can be almost as bad.
4. Remove grains, grain derived oils, and vegetable oils such as corn, soy, and canola. Also remove unstable polyunsaturated oils such as walnut, flax, and peanut oil.
5. Eliminate all synthetic additives, colorings, and flavorings. This includes aspartame, MSG, dyes, and artificial flavorings.
6. Eat significant amounts of pastured, grass-fed meat from big ruminant animals such as beef, lamb, and bison. Pair this with fish, eggs, and shellfish.
7. Eliminate legumes such as peanuts, beans, and lentils. If you must have your beans, soak, sprout (or ferment), and cook them.
8. Remove all processed, homogenized, and pasteurized dairy. High fat items can be pasteurized, but they should be grass-fed. Full fat, raw, whole dairy from grass-fed cows is okay for most people.
9. Switch to grass-fed meat and wild caught seafood. Eat pastured eggs and some pork, chickens, turkeys, and ducks.
10. Switch to organic fruits and vegetables. This is more important for some plants than others. See this site for details.
11. Cook your food gently, if at all. Incorporate water into your cooking whenever possible and use low temperatures. Do not use a microwave or fry.
12. Limit fruit consumption to 1-2 servings per day. Favor low fructose containing fruits like berries and lemons over watermelon and apples.
13. Add spices and other flavorings from the Bulletproof Diet. Favor herb based spices such as thyme and rosemary over powders. Use high quality ones, recently opened.
14. Enjoy your food.
And GREAT charts here. Eat on the "green side" -- http://www.bulletproofexec.com/the-complete-illustrated-one-page-bulletproof-diet/
I just spent 3 days listening to Dave Asprey and I was amazed and overwhelmed. His storage bank of information is incredible. There is still SO MUCH I do not know.
I love Atkins, Low carb, and LCHF - but I am very happy that there are a lot of variations out there. One size does not fit all and sometimes it is just good to shake it up a little bit.
In 3 days I have already dropped 4 pounds. :D And getting my energy back.
I must say that there are a few minor changes. I do not have my official "Bulletproof Coffee" yet (ordered a small bag) so I am just using what I have. Also, I have added organic coconut milk to my coffee.
Here is a typical day for me:
6:00am - 8 oz coffee blended with 1 tbs butter, 1/2 oz coconut milk, 2 tsp stevia/erythritol (Swerve), and 1-1/2 jigger of MCT oil.
10:00am - another BP coffee at work
2:00pm - Lunch - Meat, Fat, & veggie -- Usually in that order. I am NOT a big veggie eater, but I am trying. I am excited for colder weather to get here because I bought a Vitamix and can make some awesome hot soup!
6:30pm - Dinner - Meat, Fat, & veggie - Favorite is just bacon and eggs. lol
NOTHING between 8pm and 2pm. THAT is the "fasting" time. I did not die for putting off lunch. hahaha Actually felt pretty good.
Yay! So... that is what is happening.
I have a plan. I have focus. I am working on dropping my last "binge weight" before the holidays get here!
And besides, I have some really cool clothes that I don't want to outgrow!
I take NO CREDIT for this information. Everything can be found at www.bulletproofexec.com